How do I place an order?
Once you have selected your furniture, add the items to your shopping basket. Each item is individually priced. Your order will be forwarded to us. You will have to visit our showroom on Mombasa Road, make the payment and thereafter, the products will be delivered to your home or office. Please note that there is an additional delivery charge for orders under Kshs. 50,000/-.
How do I pay?
We accept cash, credit cards, M-Pesa (Mobile money transfer), bank transfer and cheques / banker’s draft. In the event we are paid by cheque / banker’s draft, the delivery is done once they have been cleared.
Do you have a catalogue?
Please download our catalogue from the DOWNLOADS section of the website.
Can you tell me the availability of a specific item?
We have an efficient stock system in place. Either call or email us and we will be glad to let you know about the availability. Please note that the availability cannot be guaranteed between the time we inform you and the time you come to pay for it.
Where do you deliver?
We deliver only within Nairobi. For orders above Kshs. 50,000/-, this service is provided free of charge, but there is a nominal charge for orders below the above mentioned amount.
What happens on the day of delivery?
You will be contacted in advance by a member of our staff, who will advise the day we are next delivering to your area. Assuming your goods aren’t self assembly, we will position the furniture as directed and remove all packaging materials – unless you wish to keep them. Please make sure all access points are clear of obstacles. You should also ensure there is someone in your property to receive and sign for the furniture.
What happens if I am out when you deliver?
As all deliveries need to be signed for, we will be unable to leave your furniture and it will be returned to the distribution centre. Someone will contact you to arrange a further delivery date. There will be an additional extra delivery charge.
Can I nominate a day or time for delivery?
With limited storage facilities, we endeavour to deliver your order as swiftly as possible. We would appreciate you accepting delivery on the same basis.
Can you take my old furniture away?
Sorry, but we do not provide this service.
Can Furniture Palace store my furniture?
Sorry, we do not provide this service. By delivering goods promptly, we can give you the best value for money.
What if my furniture does not fit?
When ordering furniture it is important to check that it will fit into your house and your room. Please check all doors, stairways and the space it has to go into carefully. For office space, our design team will personally come and take measurements and give free advice on what products will best suit the space and the size.
Do you deliver overseas?
Sorry, but we do not provide this service. If you wish you can nominate your own shipper. We can deliver to their address or alternatively they can collect it from our showroom.
Can I just pay a deposit?
Yes, to reserve an item for a limited period of time. To do so, a 50% deposit has to be paid.
What if I don’t like it after it’s been delivered?
We regret we are unable to accept the return of these goods as they have been specially chosen by you and delivered at your request.
What do I do if my furniture arrives damaged?
Naturally we endeavour to deliver all our furniture in good condition. At Furniture Palace we have spent many hours talking to our suppliers about packing and shipping our products so they arrive safely. We are constantly looking for ways to improve these standards. We also pride ourselves on having the best delivery teams in the business.
It is disappointing for you and us when occasionally things go wrong. When your order has been unwrapped in your home and there are signs of transit damage, this is what to expect:
- i. If the furniture is useable, despite the damage, we are happy for you to go ahead and use it.
- ii. The Furniture Palace delivery team will complete an incident report form to record the problem. They will ask you to sign it. They may also take photographs to accompany the paperwork.
- iii. The Incident Report form will be returned to the delivering store. It will be logged against your order number, and assessed for action.
- iv. A Furniture Palace technician will arrange to visit you and repair the problem to manufacturing standards, generally within 7 days. If he cannot resolve the matter on the first visit and parts are required, we will endeavour to source them as quickly as possible.
- v. In the event that a repair cannot be made, we will replace the furniture, or give a full refund. The goods that are deemed faulty revert to the ownership of Furniture Palace, and must be in our possession before monies are refunded.
- vi. A full refund shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory merchandise.
- vii. You are welcome to contact us at any time either through e-mail or telephone and we will do our best to assist you.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
What do I do if I have a complaint with an order?
Our continued success depends entirely on our customers’ satisfaction with our service, and on the quality and reliability of the products we sell. Whatever assistance you need, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call us.
What about VAT exemptions?
A proforma invoice will be provided to customers who are entitled to VAT exemption. Full payment, inclusive of VAT, will be required if you want delivery of the goods before the necessary approval has been obtained. Refund of the VAT amount will be done as soon as you provide the approved forms.